? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

OH BOY what did I get myself into?


Okay yesterday I went to an orientation for Headstart. Caddis is starting Headstart, or I should say he started today. So they were going over the curriculum and what it was all about then at the end they said that they were going to hold elections for the parent committee (like PTA only for the class). Well nobody was raising their hand for the Chair position so I decided if no one else is going to I might as well and I raised my hand. The instructor said okay Penny wants to be Chair, and the GUY sitting next to me says, I do too! THAT IDIOT!!! I was not going to if someone else did, he waits until I raise my hand befor chiming in. So they decide to vote and I end my winning by a very close margin. GREAT! NOW WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO? They decided to give him the Vice Chair and then another woman decided to be the Secretary. So now I have to go to a training meeting in a couple of weeks to really find out what I got into. I will have to hold meetings, plan monthly family activities, and such along with volunteering in the class. This is not ME! I normally do not volunteer for things like this, I like to be behind the scenes, but be in charge!


Now, this afternoon I took Caddis to his first day of Headstart. He was so excited and when we walked into the school he said "Mommy my tummy is nervous." I told him that it was okay, that everyone else is nervous their first day of school. He decided that it would be okay and walked right in. We found his nametag and put it on and then he went and sat down with the other kids, no bye mommy, no crying, no hugs or kisses, just a BIG BOY, sitting down and joining the group. Oh my baby boy is growing up fast. I went and picked him up a few hours later and he was so happy, had the biggest smile on his face, and he gave me a GREAT BIG HUG!!! OHhh how I love that boy!
Then the poor guy tells me that one of the boys beat him up in the playground. I wanted to KILL SOMEONE! John had warned him that if anyone tried to hurt him he was to tell the teachers and he remembered and told the teacher. He said that the boy was sitting by him in the classroom and was nice but when they went to the playground he punched Caddis a couple of times. I know it must be something in the testosterone of males but it makes me MAD! The alpha male showing his dominance, well this mom is ready to show her dominance and take care of that little boy, but I won't. I will be good and try to let the teachers handle it.

Miko was with me when I dropped him off and she thought that she was staying too. She kept trying to go in and sit by Caddis, and I had to explain to her that it was Caddis' class. One of the teachers came up and said that she was so glad that I volunteered to be Chair that I would love it. I said I an nervous and that I went home in shock and realized what I was getting myself into. She said that she would be there to hold my hand and help me along the way. Oh how nice, I needed that.
What a mom does for her kids, loves them and tries to do the best for them!

0 comments: