? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Haircuts are Wonderful!

This morning I went and got my haircut, finally!!! It feels so much better. Amazing how a haircut can make you feel better. I feel like now I can actually style my hair again. YIPEE!

Now my friend who cuts my hair, I have not talked to in months, and when I called her yesterday to make an appointment she told me that she had breast cancer and that this was a good week for her to cut hair. WOW!!! SHOCKER!!! She is a year younger than me and has 3 kids, an 11 year old, 4 year old, and 18 month old. She has had a couple of treatments of chemotherapy and has lost her hair. She had a wig on this morning and if she had not told me beforehand I would not have noticed. The wig was amazing. It was slightly lighter in color than her original color and shorter, she usually wears long curly hair with bangs, and this was a shoulder length with bangs and straight. It looked so natural. She has been depressed about the whole situation but who wouldn't be. But then she also has a positive outlook on it and sees that this situation may improve her marriage. She was telling me that she has a strong family history and they have done tests on her and it is not a genetic trait that she will pass on to her children. What a blessing! She should be done with the chemo treatment and then they will check to see if the lump is gone or if they need to remove it, but no mastectomy. She has a small chest. If it were my I think I would be devastated to have to have a mastectomy. The "girls" have been such a part of me that I would have to have implants put in right away. I pray that that will never happen to me. I do not have a family history of breast cancer, now skin, brain, and colon cancer are in my family, and possibly a couple of others but not sure. I do not know what we would do if I got sick. I pray that my health will continue to be good and that I will be able to take care of my family and my husband. This experience really makes me realize that everyone has their own trials to go through. I heard it once said that if we all put our trials into a pile and we could pick up any, after looking we would pick our own back up. I believe it is so true. I know that I am blessed in so many ways and I am so greatful.

Oh, so after I get my haircut I go to get some lunch and after I had placed my order, John calls and says that his mom has passed out and he does not know what to do. Under his breath he says that he thinks she is faking. He tried yelling, pulling her eyelid, cold washcloth, and finally smelling salts, those brought her to. I told him that he should call 911 and I would get home as soon as I could. He had me call his sisters since I had the cell phone with everyone's numbers. So I called Martha and she said that she would call everyone and be right over. When John told his mom that he was calling 911 she said not to and when he told her that his sisters, nieces and nephew were coming she was not happy, but they showed up anyway. She said that she did pass out and that she could hear him but couldn't move. She says that this has happened a few times in her life and that she just needs about an hour and she will be just fine. When everyone showed up, she was embarrassed and told them that they should not have come, but they told her that they would have come anyway. I think that she just wants to die and stresses herself out. I also think that this episode happened because of low blood sugar, she only had a granola bar for breakfast and this was 1:00 in the afternoon. It is almost 7:00 and she is just fine now. She has had something to eat and had family visit, so now I have to wonder too, was this for real or was she faking it, only she knows!

0 comments: