? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Prayers ARE Answered!

So Friday around 5:30 John tells me that he needs a blessing and I had heard the familiar sound from the bathroom (him calling out to Ralph) and so I grab the ward directory and get to work. I first of all called our WONDERFUL home teacher but no one was home at their house. Next I called the neighbors again no answer or busy signals. I looked out the window to the 1st counselor in the bishobric and his truck was gone, (he works on Friday nights). Then I tried calling the Elder's Quorum President, agan no answer. So I finally called the Bishop's house and his wonderful wife answered and said that he was not home she had just gotten off of the phone with him and he had just gotten onto the freeway to come home. She then asked me if she could help and I said that I was trying to find someone to give a blessing to John. By this point I was starting to get into a panic, that it was Friday night and most people like to go out Friday night. She said that she would make some calls and call me back. That sweetheart was able to find someone and they came with another gentleman in the neighborhood and they were able to give John a blessing. They told him that he should go to the hospital, but John said that he knew that he would be okay, that the blessing had calmed him down. I am proud to say that it did work and that all is well.

Also this weekend lovely Hurrican Ike swept into the Gulf Coast and into Texas, where my dad happens to live with his wife. He called me on Thursday and said that they were going to ride out the storm, that traffic was crazy in their area. Also that they had to take care of the dogs and could not leave them behind. He said that if it got real bad that the church would be opened up and people could go there to wait out the storm. SCARY!!! Well I prayed for them and my children prayed for their Papa Gordie, and I am happy to report that all is well. My dad was able to call me tonight and let me know that they were fine. They decided to go to his sister-in-law's house since she was all alone and scared. There was a tree branch that fell on her house and knocked a hole into the roof above her bedroom but no other damage. They went home and had to go 3 different ways to finally find a clear enough path with all of the knocked over trees, fallen branches, and other debris in the roads. The only damage on my dad's property was a fallen down tree, in an open space, some fallen branches, but no damage to their house. See prayers ARE answered.

1 comments:

temaire said...

I am so glad that everything worked out fine with both situations. Both things can/could be scary, so I am glad that they are all okay. You are right, the Lord is definetly mindful of us and hears and answers our prayers!