? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OH BOY what did I get myself into? Part 2

Okay, last week I went to the Policy Council Training meeting for this new Heartstart class Chair position. It was an enjoyable but stressful time. When I first got there everyone was in the parking lot and they had it decorated like a circus. They were handing out free Cotton CANDY!! One of my FAVORITE CANDIES!!!! While I was enjoying it Suzanne (the FSW) came over and said hi and as we were talking she asked me how I liked the cotton candy and I said that I was enjoying it especially since there were no little hands saying MOMMY I WANT SOME! So enjoyable!! hehehe. Next they had one of those boards where you stand behind it and stick your head through the hole, where there was painted on the board a clown, monkey (down low) and an elephant. They insisted that each one of us get our picture taken in that and there was no way that I was going to be an elephant (I already look like one) and I was not going to crouch down low to be the monkey, so I chose the horrid clown. UGH! I hate having my picture taken. So we had our meeting and had a lovely dinner of Dave's BarBQ and then they wanted to have officers elected for this Policy Council. They have someone from last year be the Chair, and she was not there as she had just had a baby but then they asked for nominations for the Vice-Chair, and Suzanne (the FSW) said I think you should be it, you will do a wonderful job, and since she cannot nominate she told the other lady at the table about it and she nominated me and no one else wanted the position, so I was the lucky recipient. But this job seems to be easy, unless the Chair is absent, then I have to take over but other than that it is just an extra meeting a month to discuss plans for the next events coming up. Hopefully I will be able to do this.



When I came home I had my arms full. They gave us binders with all the paper material from the meeting, a new bag (very nice) with lots of pockets and room, I won a book with a matching dog, and a handful of candy that they used to decorate the tables with. The kids LOVED ME!!! hehehehe.

2 comments:

temaire said...

Good luck! I am sure that you will do a great job. Hopefully the chair is not absent very often! :)

penb said...

I hope she is there every month from now on, hehehe!