? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, October 5, 2008

39 years, what have I accomplished?

I turned 39 yesterday so that means the end of the 30's. I remember a time when 30's was just approaching and how scary it seemed. In the past 9 years I have gotten married, had 3 children, worked for 3 different companies, moved 8 times, lost my father-in-law, grandfathers, had a couple of nieces and nephews, husband sick for 8-1/2 years. I have been a Primary teacher, Primary Chorister (loved IT), Boy Scouts Den Mother (didn't like it), visiting teacher, and now a Librarian (LOVE IT!). I feel that life has been full of ups and downs but I like the quote I found "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." I am making that my life mantra. I am learning to dance in the rain, and as I watched General Conference this afternoon a comment was made that if you feel your trials are overwhelming you look around and find someone else to help through theirs. It is so true, I know my trials are hard but they are no different then anyone else's, even all of the prophets have had trials and we need to learn how to get through them. I am so thankful that we are studying Joseph Smith's teachings this year. They have made me realize that we all struggle and go through trials that how we build up our character and grow closer to the Lord is by putting ourselves into his hands and letting the Atonement work for us.

I am greatful for my life. My parents were told when I was born to not name her, she will not live out the week. My parents were not living the life that they were supposed to, and they both may a covenant to the Lord that if he let me live they would change their ways. I was given a few Priesthood Blessings and I am still alive 39 years later... or it has been a really long week. I love my family and I am greatful that they are a part of my life. I am greatful for my health, after watching my husband suffers all of these years I am so appreciative to have my health. I could do better like lose weight and exercise to keep my health. I am greatful that I have 3 healthy children; John and I have said many times that we are greatful that it is him that is sick and not the children, it would tear us up to have one of the kids be sick. I feel so sorry for those parents that do have sick children and the struggles they must endure to take care of those little ones, but I know there will be a special place for them in Heaven. I am thankful that I have a job to help support my little family. It has kept our heads out of trouble many times. Of course I wish it paid more so that I could support the family but it does help and I am greatful for that. I am greatful for all my friends who have supported me and gave me encouragement, it really means the world to me. I may not be able to see them or hang out with them and have a "Girl's Night Out" but just to know that they are then when I need them means so much to me!

I look back and I am greatful for having the 39 years here on earth and hope to have another 39 years or even more here on earth. I hope to look back and smile at the things I have accomplished by then.

I have accomplished the goals of life that I wanted to by this time and I am greatful for all that I have done.

2 comments:

temaire said...

That is a beautiful post! I hope that you had a great birthday. I didn't know that about when you were born. I am so grateful that the Lord answered your parents prayers. You are such a wonderful person and a great friend.

penb said...

Thanks Temaire, I think that same about you. You have been a good example to me in my life and I really appreciate it.