? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 10, 2008

9 Years, I can't believe it!

John and I celebrated our 9th anniversary a couple of days ago. I cannot believe that it has been 9 years already, but then some days it seems like we have always been married. We do not have much money so we went out to a movie (have discount tickets) and went to dinner at our FAVORITE Japanese restaurant in Ogden. Grandma watched the kids so we went to an early movie and then had reservations for an early dinner. It was very nice. I so loved the food.

I was thinking back to the beginning when everything was wonderful, we had jobs, love life, place of our own, and no icky ucky disease!!! And now here we are with this disease that has changed our lives and I remember the first attack, driving him to the hospital as he is screaming "LET ME DIE, I WANT TO DIE." I was racing down highway 89 trying to get to McKay-Dee Hospital and shouting back "SHUT UP! YOU CAN'T DIE ON ME, THE DOCTORS WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!" Well he was in the hospital that time for 11 days and I spent all the time I could there even sleeping there, a couple of times on chairs pushed together for a bed (and I was about 2 months pregnant, you know, not feeling so swell). I kept having horrible feelings of I am pregnant and I am going to lose my husband, what will I do? Well he came home and everything was good except he had lost his job just before going into the hospital and so we had to move in with my in-laws for the first time. It was okay, then at the end of my pregnancy (yes, 9 months along only 3 days from my due date) he has his 2nd attack and I think OH NO, this is a chronic condition and we are going to be dealing with it for a LONG TIME!!! Little did I know what was coming. He had a scare this time and ended up in the ICU for a couple of days, I was really sweating it and thinking about funeral arrangements, YUCK! Well it has now been 8-1/2 years of our marriage that we have been dealing with it and I think that I am better prepared for his death now but I still want him to be here for a long time. I love him and I love how he is with our kids and I want them to know their dad and not just memories. My brother sent me a link today about an artificial pancreas, SIGN US UP!!!!

0 comments: