? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, February 22, 2009

1st week of training -- check. 2nd week about to begin...

So I have survived my first week of training. The first night was horrible, all of the policies and procedures to go over. Spent the first 6 hours in lecture type setting then spent the last 2 hours in actual training with a little tour of the facility. It was a LONGGGGG night! Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday turned out to be tolerable but we had our time pushed back half an hour as the computer system shuts down daily from 3:30 to 4:30 between shift change. So I have to now stay until 1 a.m. and hopefully get home between 1:20 and 1:30 and in to bed by 2 a.m.

There are some interesting people in training. I have to wonder how they passed the security check. Hopefully they will not be on my team when we break into teams.

We were told that the workload is down because of the stimulus package not being signed (this was on Tuesday) and we could possibly be furlowed after our 2 week training course. The furlow they say should only be about a week long. They will be calling back based on test scores and I have been busting my butt to make sure that I am on the top of the list. So far it looks good. The kid I sit next to gets mad at me because I finish the practice exercise quickly and he is struggling every time. He is very young and does not have a family to support, the pressure is on. But as strange as it is, I have stress with new job, trying to remember all the new info, but my stress level has dropped considerably otherwise. It is so nice to be back to hourly pay, not have to worry about getting a daily quota, how much longer it will take me to make quota, will I have to work the weekend, etc.. So lovely to just go to work, do my job, and know that I get paid.

Also of note, every night as I get to work I have noticed that the "trucks" or what the rest of the world would call carts, are starting to fill up with paperwork, I assume that it is for us. I have never been so excited to hear about a bill being passed as I was on Wednesday to know that the stimulus package had been signed. We handle only business forms and I believe that companies have been holding back about filing until they knew what to expect and now they are filing and sending in their forms. I pray every night that there will be work come next Monday so that I do not have to go on furlow.

The sad part of all is the other day Caddis said that he wished that our house was a house and a restaurant. I asked him why, and he said then I could stay home and work. He thought that I was working at a restaurant. So cute. I had to explain to him that it was okay and that I would be home every morning for him and we could spend time together before he goes to school and I go to work and that I would have Saturdays and Sundays off. He seemed a little bit better after that. I guess it is hard for him to see me leave for work when I have been working from home his whole life. I sure love that little guy.

So tomorrow starts week 2 and I have been reviewing my study guide so hopefully I will be able to pass the test in the top of the class! I am off to bed now so that I can get my last good sleep for the week.

0 comments: