? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, January 24, 2009

YAHOO! YIPEE!!

So last night as I was getting ready to go to bed, I was grabbing the remote to turn off the TV (it also works as a monitor for John's computer, just have to push button to change) and a thought cam to me to check my email, I thought why I checked it earlier and nothing was there I will just get more depressed. So again the thought came check the email, so I think okay, it won't hurt to just look. After I logged in there the very first email is from IRS and I have been offered the position of a data transcriber, FINALLY! I applied for the position back in the first part of October! I could not believe it. I had to go right before Thanksgiving and do a fingerprint and turn in some paperwork. They had to do a background check. I figured that the only bad thing in my background was bad credit, so I was afraid that I might not get the job because of that, especially it being the IRS. They said then to check your email every day including the spam section and I did but nothing came. I had applied for 2 different positions and the first choice (tax examiner) started the end of January. Well about a week before it was to start I sent an email asking when they would be interviewing so that I could work it into my schedule and they replied that they do not do interviews just background checks and how high you scored on the test. Well I scored in the 90s on both positions so I thought okay, but the first job is still starting soon and no response. Well I waited a few weeks and still nothing so I sent another email asking when we would find out about the jobs and they said that they were sending them out this week (That was last Thursday). So I faithfully checked my email every day and nothing. I checked Friday afternoon about 3 or 4 and no offer. I was really bummed and thought that I would be receiving a lovely letter in the mail with a denial. I was so excited when I read the email (mind this it is 11:00 at night and the kids are in bed) that I started screaming Yeah, Yeah and John was yelling What? I told him the good news and he came out and we hugged and then we read over the email. I had only 2 days to reply and so I waited until today to really think about and pray about it and I replied with an acceptance.

It will be a swing shift job (4-12:30) so I will be able to see Evanslee off to school in the morning, get to spend time in the morning with Caddis and Miko and then take Caddis to Headstart. Depending on where the actual job location is (I heard it could be at the Freeport Center, which would be lovely because that is only about 15 minutes from here) I may be able to see both of the older ones for a few minutes after school before I have to leave for work. I think I will enjoy working out of the home. I have been working from home now for 11 years and I need a change and a chance to socialize with adults besides at church. I am hoping and praying that this will go permanent but right now it is only seasonal approximately 6 to 9 months, but I will do my best so that they will want to keep me on permanently.

YIPEE!!!!

1 comments:

Andy E. Wold said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!! :)