? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 10101 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????Barbie? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.3 (272 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 17117 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Okay I am old but I have EXPERIENCE!

I get an email the other day from my supervisor that says that myself and a few others are transcribing a certain doctor's dictation wrong. OH NO WE ARE NOT! The person from the clinic that sent the original email stated that we were typing the the pharynx is injected and it should be infected. I thought to myself, I have been in this business for over 15 years and I know what I hear and the doctor says injected every time. I look up in Stedman's Medical Dictionary and the 2nd definition for injected says "Denoting visible blood vessels distended with blood." HA! That means that if you are sick with a sore throat your pharynx would be red, so injected. If the doctor said infected, it just does not make any sense, infected with what? So it made me so mad to have some person that probably has no medical background or very little (schooling only) to tell me I was wrong. I sent a note back to my supervisor with this definition and she said okay great, I will let them know. Ha! My experience is medical information. Okay so now I get this doctor again and the patient comes in complaining about not feeling well, feeling a cold; again the doctor says CLEARLY "pharynx is INJECTED." I listened to it several times and definitely it was injected. Oh my JOY!!!! I WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!! HEHEHEHE!

I love my job but then again I can really hate my job, and that just made my day, I do know what I am doing and it makes me greatful for the experience and the chance to learn new things daily. The pay sucks but the experience and learning capabilities are wonderful. To that end I have applied for a 2nd job and have to go and get fingerprinted Saturday and prove that I am a US Citizen. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck with your 2nd job, and, don't you just LOVE being right?!? I know I do! You go girl!!